0 of 22 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 22 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. A van travelled from Town P to Town Q at 64 km/h. The distance between the two towns is 176 km. If the van started the journey at 9.20 a.m., at what time did it reach Town Q?
2. Dembele took 4 hours to travel from Singapore to Malacca. The distance between Singapore and Malacca is 260 km. If Dembele increases his speed by 15 km/h, how long will he take to reach Malacca?
3. Mr Toni took 5 h 30 min to reach his destination when he travelled at an average speed of 80 km/h. How long will he take to complete the same journey if he increases his speed by 30km/h?
4. Jordi jogged at an average speed of 4 km/h from Point P to Point Q and back to Point P at a speed of 3 km/h. He took a total of 1 h 10 min. How long did he take to jog from Point Q back to Point P?
5. If a man walks to the city and drives back, he will take 5 hours. If he drives both ways, he will take 3 hours. How many hours will he take to walk both ways? (Assume that the walking speed and driving speed do not change)
6. Kroos participated in a 45 km marathon. For the first 3 hours, he ran at 8 km/h. He then decided to change his speed for the remaining distance. It took him a total of 5 hours to complete the entire marathon. What was his average speed for the remaining part of the marathon?
7. Suarez drove at an average speed of 60 km/h for 1 h 30 min and continued the rest of her journey at a speed of 80 km/h for 30 minutes. Find the average speed of her whole journey.
8. Asensio and Theo competed in a race. Asensio ran at the speed of 12 km/h during the first half of the journey and 4 km/h during the second half of the journey. Theo ran at an average speed of 8 km/h throughout the race. Who won the race?
9. A car and a bus started travelling from city A to city B at the same time. The distance of AB is 225 km. Both vehicles did not change their speed. The car arrived at city B ¾ hour earlier
than the bus. When the car reached city B, the bus was still 45 km away from city B. Whatwas the speed at which the car was travelling?
10. Oblak and Diego took part in a cross-country race. Oblak’s average speed was 72 m/min faster than Diego’s. When Oblak completed the whole race in 20 minutes, Diego has only completed 4/7 of the race.
(i) Diego’s average speed
(ii) the time taken by Diego to complete the race.
Diego’s average speed was m/min and he took mins.
11. Torres and Jose ran in a race. When Jose had completed the run in 20 minutes, Torres had only run 5/8 of the distance. Torres’s speed for the race was 75 m/min less than Jose’s.
(i) Find the distance of the race.
(ii) Find Torres’s speed in m/min.
The race was km long and Torres’ speed was m/min.
12. Trippier, Gareth and Luka took part in a 100 m race. When Trippier completed the race, Gareth and Luka were 15 m and 30 m away from the finishing line respectively. How far was Luka from the finishing line when Gareth finished the race? (Assuming that all the boys are running at a constant speed.)
13. John jogged from Town A to Town B at a constant speed.
At 8.00 a.m., he was 20 km away from Town B.
At 9.30 a.m., he was 8 km away from Town B.
What time did John reach Town B?
14. Mr. Pique drove from city A to city B. He took 2 hours to cover ¾
of the journey at an average speed of 60 km/h. He covered the remaining journey at an average speed of 50 km/h. If he arrived at city B at 12 noon, what time did he leave city A?
15. Jerome travelled from city X to city Y at an average speed of 72 km/h. He travelled 7/12 of the journey at an average speed of 70 km/h. After that, he decided to increase his speed to travel the remaining 450 km to city Y.
(i) Find Jerome’s speed in the last 450 km of the journey.
(ii) If Kovacic started his journey from city Y to city X at the same time as Jerome at a constant speed of 90 km/h, how far would he have travelled before he met Jerome?
i. Jerome’s speed in the last 450km of the journey is km/h.
ii. He would have travelled km.
16. A van, travelling at a constant speed, took 10 hours to travel from town P to town Q. A lorry, also travelling at a constant speed, took 15 hours to travel from town Q to town P. The two vehicles started their journeys at the same times. When they passed each other, they were 20km from town Q. Find the distance between the two towns.
17. Mr.Lucas took 7 hours to travel from city A to city B while Mr.Wissam took 8 hours to travel from city B to city A. both of them did not change their speed throughout the journey. Both of them started off at the same time and moved towards each other. 3 hours later, they were 110 km apart. What was the speed at which Mr.Lucas was driving?
18. A car and a bus travelled from Town X to Town Y. The bus left Town X at 06:48 and it took 5 hours to reach Town Y. The car started 30 minutes later than the bus and it took 4 hours to reach Town Y. At what time did the car catch up with the bus?
19. Two cars A and B take 10 hours and 15 hours respectively to drive from point 1 to point 2. If car B were to have a 3 hour head start, how many hours will it take car A to catch up with car B?
20. A 100 m long cargo train travels through a tunnel at a constant speed of 15 m/s. What is the length of the tunnel if the cargo train takes 1 min 40 s to pass through it?
21. Juan is standing by the train tracks waiting for her train to arrive. This train (not the one she is boarding) went pass the station and took 3 minutes for the whole train to go pass Juan.
The train is 360m long. The train then took 6 minutes to cross a bridge at the same speed as before. How long is the bridge in metres?
22. Sergi is meeting a friend at a certain time. If she drives at 80 km/h, she will be ⅓ hour late. If she drives at 60 km/h, she will be ¾ hour late. How long will the journey take if she drives at 90 km/h?